Monday, February 19, 2007

Future Wheaton Student

I thought some of you Wheaton alumni Miners might be excited to hear my news. I found out the day after Christmas that I was accepted to Wheaton College. A couple weeks ago I mailed a deposit!

It's exciting and a bit scary to have made this decision. I don't feel the relief that I had expected. Instead there is still so much uncertainty. Was it the right decision? Will I like it there? What will I study?

I'm seriously considering majoring in music education. Piano has been an important part of my life for the past five years. I really enjoying teaching my two piano students and I've enjoyed the extra hours of practice I've been putting in to prepare an audition. I love music and I know I want to continue studying it in some way, but I'm just not entirely convinced yet that a degree in it is the way to go. I love English too and Wheaton has such a great English department.

So many questions, so much uncertainty. And so little time left to decide. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for guidance and direction. Some decisions have been made!